Some days I feel like pinching myself, I get to live in a really beautiful province. In a part of the country where people go to honeymoon or a once every 20 years holiday. Peggy’s Cove is one of the most photographed places in Canada and it’s a mere hour (or so) drive from my house.
I don’t bound up and down every day because I live here. I’m more Pooh Bear (or Eeyore, if I’m being honest some days) rather thenTigger. But Summer is coming and I want to live on purpose this summer. I’m really excited about this season and exploring this province we call home.
Enter the Summer Bucket List. In no particular order or priority, this is some of what we want to do this summer.
1. Visit the zoo. The girls’ favorite part of the Madeline books is where Madeline says ‘pooh, pooh’ to the tiger. I think the big cats exhibit is where you will find all four of us, saying ‘pooh, pooh’.
2. Go camping. With friends and by ourselves.
3. Stay overnight on Cape Breton. (see also: go camping)
4. Make sidewalk paint.
5. Take swimming lessons (for the Kilmo-girl)
6. Go to the ocean, build sandcastles, chase the tide, collect shells.
7. Repeat #6 as often as we can.
8. Pick blueberries.
9. Have a picnic by the sea
10. Visit Prince Edward Island
11. Drink raspberry cordial on the white sands.
12. Roast marshmallows.
13. Take family pictures on the beach.
14. Go to Annapolis Royal.
15. Experience a lobster supper on PEI
16.Hike the Cape Split Trail
17. Drive the Cabot Trail
18. Go to the drive-in Theatre
19. Take the Digby ferry to St John, NB
20. Dinner out at the Library Pub Patio
21. Watch the sunrise
22. Make Caprese salad from our own tomatoes and basil
23. Have a bbq with our neighbors
24. Get a kiddie pool for the girls
25. Make as many drinks from my Pinterest drink board and share them with friends on a blanket in the backyard.
26. Say yes to my girls.
27. Slow down.
28. Plant a herb garden.
29. Blow bubbles.
30. Read books with my husband.
31. Plan and execute our fifth anniversary (!!) getaway.
32. Chase the sunset.
There’s some of my wishes for this summer, written on a dreary grey day that doesn’t feel like summer at all. But it’s coming.
What would be (is on) your summer bucket list? Anything else I missed on mine?